Pages

July 27, 2012

Top Secret

I don't have a lot I can tell you about today because I've been super busy and we have a lot of projects in the works. I'd tell you about them, but then I'd have to kill you.

Ok, I'll tell you a little, but only enough to make you desperately intrigued.

We are developing a board game, and tonight is our big test night. We've had some folks helping us with play testing for a couple of months now (thanks Nicole, Brie, Andy, Tristan, Elise, Evelyn and Gerkmeister D!). I can't give away all the stellar details, but I can let you know it is both farm and devil themed and there are plenty of puns for both. Also, there is a chicken and lots of dice.

Another project that has been in the works for the past year is a novel that Joe and I are co-writing. I'm hoping that as we near the finish I'll be able to post some sample passages here. Writing a book is simultaneously incredibly frustrating and incredibly rewarding. Much like any time I'm working on a script. I'm a very reluctant writer, even though I love it once I get going. The key to success (for me, anyway) is to have a writing partner (luckily I married a wonderfully creative guy who loves to write and who shares my passion for telling cool stories). I wish I could say more about the book, but we are almost done with the first draft and I'll be able to say more at that point. What I will say is that it's a Young Adult novel in the Supernatural genre (it's what all the cool kids are reading these days) and we hope it will make us enough money to pay off all our grad school debt. We're very optimistic people.

We are also working individually on secret projects, but I can't tell you anything about Joe's because it is a secret and he won't tell me about it. I can't tell you about mine either, because Joe reads this blog and I can't let him know. Our anniversary is in a few weeks and we can't spend a lot on a trip so instead we got creative (cue ominous music). Whenever the Winskyes get creative the world runs for cover. I understand, but here we are.

So that is the state of things I can tell you nothing about, but we are very industrious and with a little luck will actually finish some of these projects. Updates forthcoming...go do something creative of your own, and then tell us about it (or don't, we probably deserve that).

Since I told you basically nothing, I offer this stunning view as recompense:
View from Koko Head

1 comment: