Pages

June 26, 2012

The Joys of Midday Dessert

A week ago I had the pleasure of having lunch with my friend, Yvette (Hi, Yvette!). We ate at the Hawaii State Museum of Art . Their cafe is delightful, and the museum is always free to the public, though we didn't stay to see it. That will be another trip for another time. We were on a dessert mission.

After lunch we headed back to my neck of the woods and walked down to a cute little French pastry cafe that Joe and I have been eying but hadn't tried yet: JJ's Bistro

The pastry case is full of sinful and delightful items to torture yourself with. I guess I'll just have to keep coming back to try new things!

Yvette making her final choice




I chose mocha cheesecake

We each had different coffee cups with cute saucers

Yvette got the rum walnut tart

Individual pastries range from $1.50 for small items like cream puffs up to $5.50 for fancier fare. Tarts and cheesecakes were about $3.75 each. Coffee was cheap and refillable. All in all, a delightful experience. I will definitely be going back to indulge my sweet tooth.

2 comments:

  1. I never did end up going to HISAM. I kept meaning to go, but then I'd forget about its existence all over again. I guess I'm a bad art historian. Either that, or the museum is just failing at its publicity...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The marketing is not good. And I don't see their cafe listed anywhere on their website either. Beautiful building, though. Right next to Iolani Palace.

    ReplyDelete