Pages

June 23, 2012

The Bamboo Forest

A few weeks ago, Joe and I went hiking with Nicole and I've been terribly remiss in not posting those pictures yet.

We were at the Puu Ualakaa State Park again and the hike was beautiful. So beautiful, in fact, that Joe and I went back a week later and tried a different trail. But that's a story for another post.

Joe, Nicole, and I were traveling through the trails, reached a few forks in the trail and suddenly found ourselves in a bamboo forest. It was beautiful. We felt like we'd been transported somewhere else. That is part of the beauty of Hawaii, really. One minute you are looking at the vast Pacific Ocean, the next you are in a highly forested mountain area full of tropical plants, but ten feet later: bamboo forest. I can't even hope to describe how peaceful it was. With every breeze the bamboo would click together, creating the most wonderful sound. Nicole tried to record it, but to no avail. Since I can't bring you all into this glorious place, here are some pictures that I hope will do for now.

This is before the bamboo forest and we're already excited!

We're not really sad, it's all an act. Do you see the bamboo behind us?

Look, Joe was there, too. And I think he was scaring Nicole.

Look at all the bamboo!


Nicole's walking stick is comically large. Joe's is comically small...

Apparently this is where we were.

No comments:

Post a Comment