Pages

May 19, 2012

Food trip!

Joe and I went back to Florida for a week at the beginning of this month for Shawn and Kristin's wedding. What a whirlwind of a trip that was! More important though, is the food that we ate while in Florida. I never thought I'd miss Tampa restaurants so much.

First stop: Three Coins Diner! Tampa people, if you don't eat there regularly, shame on you! When we first stepped in the door we were greeted with a huge hug, asked how long we were visiting, and they remembered our usual drink order. It's nice to still be a "regular" even when you live on the other side of the country.

Please ignore my hair. I'd been on a plane for 19hrs and went straight from the airport to the diner.

The chicken souvlaki never disappoints
Other delicious food opportunities: Publix Subs, crappy chinese food (they try to serve you the real stuff in Hawaii), Chick-fil-a and Liang's Bistro.

While visiting with Chris, Abby and Bennett, we hit up Origami Sushi, a favorite of yours (and better than most sushi we've found on-island, but don't tell the locals I said that).

There are now more Moores than when we left Florida the first time...and the littlest isn't interested in sushi.

My last night in town we went to Beef O'Brady's and instead of wings, Joe and I got pizza. Let me explain about pizza. It costs an arm and a leg and your first born child to get pizza in Hawaii. A demonstration: Pizza Hut, Anywhere, USA.....Pizza Hut, Honolulu. At the time I am writing this post, the large cheesy bites pizza is $11.99 anywhere on the US mainland, and $16.99 on my island. Which is why we looked this excited eating pizza in Tampa:

This didn't cost $200!
Food exploits aside, we had a lovely though exhausting trip. More FL fun in upcoming posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment