Pages

May 30, 2012

Cucumber Salad Recipe

Here is the recipe for the delicious cucumber salad I made mention of last week. This is my recipe; modify as needed.


Ingredients
2 japanese cucumbers
1 vine ripe tomato
1/2 green bell pepper
3-4 tablespoons goat cheese (or as much as you like for taste)
3 mini sweet red peppers
garlic wine vinegar
oregano
basil
ground black pepper



Directions
  1. Peel cucumbers and cut into chunks. I quartered them and then sliced up the quarters.
  2. Cut green pepper and tomato into chunks.
  3. Slice red pepper and halve each slice (red bell pepper will work as well, cut into chunks just like the other veggies).
  4. Place goat cheese in a microwave safe bowl and heat just enough to soften; about 10-15 seconds.
  5. Sprinkle oregano, basil and ground pepper into the goat cheese. I didn't measure, I just taste-tested as I went.
  6. Add a splash of the vinegar to the cheese mixture and stir immediately to avoid curdling.
  7. Combine the cucumber, bell pepper and tomato in a bowl and stir in the cheese mixture until everything is coated. Use more cheese or vinegar if you desire a stronger taste.
  8. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment