Pages

June 12, 2013

My Life in Hawaii: A Retrospective, Part I


I have a lot of free time this summer; it's given me time to look back through old photos and think about the ups and downs I've experienced since moving to this lovely, godforsaken, sunny, rainy, lovely, disorganized island. I don't know where we will be this time next year, but it is likely to be someplace much colder than this, so I'm enjoying the weather while I can. A lot can change in two years. Here's what's happened to the Winskyes:

From July 2011...

Saying goodbye to family and friends...

Bidding farewell to my childhood home

...To July 2012

Teaching summer classes in Ewa Beach

Exploring history at Honolulu Hale (city hall)
Independence Day with our Canadian friends?


From August 2011...
Moving across the country to discover sushi served on conveyor belts!

Living on the floor out of boxes with my brother

married 2 years!
Being fiercely in love

...To August 2012
Dealing with an unfortunate knee injury
Enjoying Hawaii's beautiful beaches
Still ridiculously in love- our 3rd wedding anniversary



From September 2011...

Getting a house in Kaneohe with Shawn and Kris!

Starting Grad school at UH Manoa

Having quality sibling time and enjoying the view

...To September 2012

Running around town on a scavenger hunt with Murray!
5:30am sucks
Getting up way too early to exercise with Ray
Still very much in love (see how we can share a desk?)

Lots of good stuff and lots of good friends. Mahalo to our Hawaii ohana for being there for us during all this change. So far, it's been a memorable experience! To be continued...

2 comments: