Pages

August 5, 2012

Virtual Day at the Beach

Can't get to the beach? Don't worry. I've put together a virtual day at the beach for you. You don't have to leave your computer to experience the sounds and sights of a day at the beach...enjoy:

Books and bathing suits. Sounds like my usual day at the beach.

What I'm reading at the beach right now: Real Simple Magazine: July 2012, The Mahabharata: A Shortened Modern Prose Versian of the Indian Epic by R. K. Narayan (try his prose version of the Ramayanaas well. I haven't been able to put either of them down).

My favorite podcasts for beach listening: *Savage Love, The Moth, The New Yorker Fiction, This American Life
*Savage Love is VERY adult, so this isn't for you if you aren't feeling incredibly liberal about all things sex and sexuality.

Want to know what the beach here looks like right now? Check out this live web cam from the Royal Hawaiian in Waikiki.

A few of my favorite beach pictures that I've taken:
Palm trees from below

So blue and clear!
Now you can virtually enjoy awkward tan lines

The thrill of the ocean spray
It's not the authentic Waikiki experience until you've seen at least two Japanese wedding photo shoots

I saw a sea lion yesterday at Sandy Beach! Ignore the poor camerawork. I got distracted by watching him instead of filming him at the end:


Enjoy the sounds of the ocean and the beautiful views. I will leave you with this. Here is over an hour of beautiful Hawaii beaches:


1 comment:

  1. I love that you are reading the Mahabharata.

    ReplyDelete