Pages

December 30, 2011

Christmas Recap, Part 2

On to the rest of the Christmas recap!

We were inundated with delicious food and drink all day, which always puts me in the holiday spirit! We are joined by our favorite couple, Meg and Kei, who brought some delicious "Sexy Mexi Pie Bites" to nosh on (I think they were mini-empanadas, personally). They arrived just in time to judge the annual grandchildren's ikebana competition. This was my first year particiapting, and I took third place! My Jurassic Park inspired arrangement is the one third from the left below, in the reindeer:


Here it is, as a work in progress

Throughout the day you could hear the shrieks of triumph and wails of defeat coming from the ping pong table, and later in the evening, after dinner, we had the impromptu talent show. Joe and I did a stellar rendition of "Baby, It's Cold Outside" rewritten for the balmy Hawaii weather. I only wish we'd recorded it to share here, but alas, we didn't, so my singing in public is lost forever and will never happen again. Shame. *sigh*

Kei took some lovely pictures that capture our Christmas festivities, which I have stolen from her Facebook page to share here:

Christmas lights and a bamboo floral arrangement

A Christmas Day beach view

Holiday poppers with crowns, toys and jokes inside!

Mele Kalikimaka!


No comments:

Post a Comment